Birth Articles by Ann Douglas
Preparing for your baby's birth day with anticipation, not fear.
- What Other Moms Want You to Know About Giving Birth: An excerpt from the second Canadian edition of The Mother of All Pregnancy Books by Ann Douglas.
- 10 Things to Know About Your Pregnancy: Some things your best friend might forget to tell you, but that you definitely need to know.
- Six Things You Need to Know About Giving Birth: Choose the right environment, trust your body, and other words of wisdom from doulas.
- New Group Pushes for Better Maternity Care: "We are mothers . . . We are birthing better maternity care. We are becoming mothers of change."
- Almost 1 in 20 Moms May Have Traumatic Delivery: The flashbacks are no longer a problem for Kerri Paquette. But the Brockville-area mother still gets angry when she describes how she was treated following the birth of her twin daughters, Sage and Claire.
- Maternity Care System on Brink of Collapse, Warns Physician: Canada’s long-standing shortage of maternity-care providers is likely to reach crisis proportions over the coming decade. Now is the time to start redesigning that system from the ground up.
- Thank this Doc for the Episiotomy You Won't Have: A profile of researcher and normal birth advocate Michael C. Klein, MD, whose work over the past four decades has improved the lives of mothers and babies around the world.