The official website of parenting author Ann Douglas
Postpartum and Early Parenthood Articles by Ann Douglas
From becoming a parent to bringing up baby.
Your Relationship After Baby
- Is There Sex After Baby?: Sari and Roy Castle are living proof that your sex life can continue to thrive after you have children.
- New Moms Bring Back Sexy: Has your desire for sex gone AWOL ever since you had your baby? Hey, it happens.
- Babyproof Your Relationship: Here are some sure-fire strategies for staying connected with your partner when baby makes three.
- And Baby Makes Three: Having a baby changes everything about your life. The impact on your relationship with your partner can be far-reaching and unexpected.
Perinatal Mood Disorders (Postpartum Depression, Postpartum Anxiety)
- On Caring for Yourself While Caught in the Storm: A letter to any new mom who feels swept up in the postpartum storm.
- Postpartum Depression vs. Postpartum Blues: How do you tell the difference between postpartum depression and postpartum blues?
- This is Your Brain on the Postpartum Blues: Elevated levels of a brain protein known to deplete the body of feel-good hormones like serotonin may be responsible for triggering powerful feelings of sadness in new mothers.
Welcoming a Preterm Baby
- How Parents Can Navigate Neonatal Intensive Care: Sadie Grant has already demonstrated a flair for the dramatic, showing up 15 weeks early in the midst of a snowstorm.
- PTSD Concerns for Parents of Premature Babies: Mental health issues may continue to be a concern for parents of premature babies long after their babies have been discharged from hospital.